Friday 15 April 2016

A fortnight out of the public eye...

Well, life has been quiet for the Duchess since my last post, and not by my own choice...

Autumn's a beautiful time in Hobart. The days are still warm, while the evenings are chilly. Nothing like snuggling into bed with a hottie (water bottle, that is!). While the forestry burn-off season has made us all a bit sniffly, the effect on the sunsets is nothing short of spectacular...
A friend shared this image last week on Facebook.
Unfortunately, I've barely been able to leave the house to enjoy it. Firstly, my daughter went down with a fever during the last week of term, so I needed to take time off work to keep her home. Then, predictably enough, I succumbed as well, and not being six and fabulous, haven't really bounced back with the finesse that she did. Now the BBQ King's also sick, which is sad, because he's just gone on two week's leave from work to coincide with the school holidays and his birthday next Monday.

Unsurprisingly, my nutrition has suffered, although I'm happy to say that this has been more a case of weird mealtimes and a drop-off in my newly-established water regimen, rather than a return to over-eating and relying on takeaways (although we did resort to pizza one night last week). I've basically been in bed 18 hours a day all of the last week, so predictably my weight loss has plateaued, but hey, that's better than a gain, isn't it?

My plans to join fellow blogger Live to Slim in completing a marathon in installments (in my case over 3 weeks) have also had to go on hold for the moment, but I have every intention of achieving this when I'm back on deck - perhaps starting next week. The great news is that, in the course of my "Say it out loud" pre-season challenge from 12WBT, my friend (the one whose success initially inspired me to have another shot at it) now wants to join back in with me! She only lives around the corner and I see her most days, so that will be a real bonus - I've never had a fitness buddy before! She has a completely different set of challenges to me, but that's fine, we'll give each other perspective!

Watch this space for a progress report on the marathon...

2 comments:

  1. Fabbie...you could even catch me up as I've only got to 9.4km so far!! Hope you are better soon. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley, I'm going to start tomorrow! Thought I might be gentle at first, maybe just 1 km for the first few days, then step it up as I'm feeling better. Thanks for your support.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete