Wednesday 27 April 2016

Woo-hoo! I'm half way there... (livin' on a prayer)...

22.2km down, baby... Feeling like I could do a little Bon Jovi dance, if I wasn't so sweaty already from my 6km walk...
Today is a delightfully rainy day in Hobart. I say "delightfully" because it's the first proper rain we've seen in about 6 months. Hopefully the harbinger of a reasonably wet winter, as the gardens, farmers and reservoirs need it desperately.
Lake Gordon, currently a long way from its picturesque best... (image from The Mercury)
Anyway, the upshot of that was that, rather than plonk in front of the TV and watch "And Then There Were None", which I taped last weekend, I decided to go back to the gym to do my walk. As a sign of just how long it has been, the whole reception area has disappeared behind mdf sheeting (they're doing a big renovation) and the entire cardio section of the gym has changed orientation. They've also installed personal screens on all the treadmills, so it's a bit like being on a long-haul flight, only slightly better air quality. The new view is over the swimming pool downstairs, which was actually quite nice, as I forgot to bring my ipod and headphones, so watching the passing parade doing their laps was quite mesmeric...
Something like this... obviously, I wouldn't take photos inside the gym.
Machine said my 6.0km burned about 400 calories, which is nice. While I prefer to be walking out in the fresh air, it's quite good to get the quantitative report occasionally.

6 comments:

  1. That is absolutely awesome, you must be feeling like a new woman. However now I'm singing that song in my head, I shall go to sleep singing it too! Huge congrats, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm jealous...I've been outstripped so quickly. Right...it's on!! If I ever get chance to run that is. If I could count golf I'd be there already but that would be defeating the object. Well done and keep it up!! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! A bushwalk on the weekend and a gym session today, and I think I'm on target to finish my 42.2 before next Tuesday (the three-week mark). Thanks Lesley for the idea and Carol for making me think about even bigger goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing you've dome some more as otherwise I'm busting your ass at 28.15km?!! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah....didn't spot you comment about. YOU are busting MY ass....

    ReplyDelete