Monday 28 March 2016

And ... I'm back (almost 2 weeks later)!

It's been a busy fortnight, what with the school fair on Saturday 19th March, and Easter this weekend. I've done reasonably well food-wise up until the last couple of days, when I'll admit a bit of chocolate has been consumed. In an illustration of the fickleness of life, guess who won first prize in the Dogs' Homes of Tasmania Easter raffle?
That's right - us! For the first two days (I picked it up on Thursday morning), I barely felt tempted, but over Sunday and today, I've eaten far too much chocolate. As you can see, my daughter's delighted with our win!
Anyway, back on the horse this week. I'm not going to fall into the trap that many (including myself in the past) do - throwing in the towel because of falling at one hurdle. So many metaphors!
I've stayed off soft drinks completely since 12WBT started, and to be honest have barely missed them. I'm really enjoying sparkling mineral water with a squeeze of lime as an alternative. Have also permanently dropped to 1.5 teaspoons of sugar in my one cup of coffee per day, and again it's been easier than I thought to adapt to - I'll attempt another drop to 1 tsp during the 12 weeks. As of last Wednesday, I'd dropped just over 3kg since the first day (14 March), although I expect to have gained slightly this week, which would be only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment